Class A+D Stereo Amp bridgeable into a 290W mono amp
The NuPrime STA-9, a 2 X 120W Class A+D stereo amp, bridgeable into a 290W mono amp, is designed with enhanced even-order harmonic circuitry that mimics the most attractive features of tubed-amp sound without incurring tubes’ drawbacks and limitations. The STA-9's spacious, transparent, dynamic and luxuriously textured soundstage has to be heard to believe.
- Single End Class A + D amplifier design
- Bridgeable allowing switch between stereo or mono mode.
- Enhanced even-order harmonic (H2) circuitry resembling the most attractive features of tubed-amp sound without its drawbacks and limitations.
- Highly reliable under no-load condition and enhanced short circuit protection.
- High output current drive capability for low impedance speakers.
- 550 KHz switching frequency for accurate reproduction of musical signal.
- New linear power supply with a high-efficiency toroidal transformer. Reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance.
- Signal path avoids cross-linking capacitors, thus achieving a frequency response at DC level for pure musical enjoyment.
The NuPrime Sound
- Vast soundstage
- Wide, lightning-fast dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact
In summary, NuPrime’s sonic character stands well apart from – and indeed above – the soft, cushy sound we often associate with most tubed amplification or the dry, clinically edgy sound we often associate with solid-state and switching technology. Rarely does an amp achieve an ideal balance of richly textured timbres and harmonics, bottom-end authority, startling dynamics, exquisite low-level detail, and a fully revealed, fully dimensional soundstage against a backdrop of mile-deep silence.
- RCA: Un-Balanced input x 1
- XLR: Balanced input x 1
- Stereo Speaker Out x 1 or
- Mono Speaker Out x 1
- Power: 2 X 120W / 1 X 290W @ 8 & 4 Ohms
- Peak Output Power: 2 X 280W / 1 X 320W @ 8 & 4 Ohms
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Input sensitivity: 232.8mV, 1W @ 8 Ohms
- Gain: x 22
- Signal to Noise Ratio: < -95dB at 1W, 10W, 100W
- THD+N: 0.02% (Stereo) / 0.01% (Mono)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Worldwide AC voltage: (115 VAC / 230 VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 3A, 250VAC
- Dimension: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 4.75 kg
- Color: Black or Silver